Whites Creek High School
At a Glance
- Serves grades 9-12
- Whites Creek Cluster
- Open Enrollment
- Offers bus transportation
- Does not offer before or aftercare
Welcome From the Principal
It is with great pleasure that I serve as the executive principal of this great institution from which I graduated! Without question, your educational journey here at Whites Creek High School will be met with high-quality teaching, a rigorous learning environment, a plethora of internships, externships and mentorships, and relationships that will support your current and post-secondary endeavors.
Our mission is to embraces the diversity of all students while providing a rigorous learning environment that supports personal growth, student ownership and community pride. The Creek is Rising!
7277 Old Hickory Blvd.
Whites Creek, TN 37189 (map)
Executive Principal: Dr. James Bailey
Freshmen Academy Principal: Danette Warren
Alternative Energy, Sustainability & Logistics Academy Principal: Jeremiah Davis
Community Health Academy Principal: Karen Beard
Education & Law Academy Principal: Carlton Battle
School Board Representative: Sharon Gentry
As a small, community high school, Whites Creek offers a positive, supportive environment that puts the focus on students’ needs. Our students belong to distinguished, nationally recognized model career academies: Ninth Grade Academy; the Academy of Alternative Energy, Sustainability, and Logistics; the Academy of Education and Law; and the Academy of Community Health. All students begin in the Freshman Academy. As sophomores, students may choose one of our Academies and a corresponding pathway, including Automotive Technology, Community Health, Entrepreneurship, Law, or Teaching as a Profession K-12.
In addition to our academies, WCHS offers academic enrichment through Advanced Placement courses. Through a variety of dual enrollment and dual credit opportunities, our students earn more college credits than any other school within our district. WCHS also offers a wide range of academic programs via Cambridge Advanced International Examinations, helping our students become confident, responsible, reflective, innovative and engaged citizens.
To ensure our student are well-rounded, we offer athletics, clubs and programs, including Leadership, Student Council, Freshman Seminar, Senior Capstone, Critical Thinking, Band and Dance.
7:05 a.m. - 2:05 p.m.
A Typical Day at School
Whites Creek High School days are on a block schedule with alternating A & B days with a total of eight classes.
- School doors open at 6:50 a.m.
- Personalized Learning Time is daily 8:31 a.m. – 9:16 a.m.
- Each period is 80 minutes of academic time
- Lunch is during 4A/4B (10:57 a.m. – 12:39 p.m.)
School Details & Links
The Whites Creek High School Dress Code will be strictly enforced from the first day of school.
Please reference the Whites Creek Dress Code download for more detail.
- Certificated Staff and Teacher Email List
- School One Pager
- Pick-up and Drop-off Procedures
- Dress Code
- Whites Creek High School Library
- Completing the FAFSA: Line by Line
- Student-Parent Handbook
- Accessing the ePlan Website
- Supply List Translated Glossary
- School-Wide Literacy Plan
- School-Wide Literacy Calendar
- School Supply Lists
- Parent Teacher Organization
Contact: Cathy Bowers
- English Language classes
- Clothing Closet
- Social and Emotional Learning
- Restorative Justice
- Cheerleading / Dance
- Cross Country
- Girls' Softball
- Girls' Volleyball
- Track and Field
- Beta Club
- Color Guard
- National Honor Society
- Special Olympics
- Student Government Association
Academy of Alternative Energy, Sustainability, and Logistics
- Alabama A&M University
- All-in-All Starz Inc.
- Brown and Caldwell
- LP Building Products
- Tennessee State University College of Agriculture
- United Parcel Service
- Waste Management
Academy of Community Health
- Lipscomb University School of Nursing
- St. Thomas Health
- Meharry Medical College
- Metro Nashville Public Health Department
Academy of Education and Law
- Davidson County Sheriff's Office
- Lipscomb University College of Education
- Metro Nashville Education Association
- Nashville State Community College
- Office of the District Attorney General