Waverly Belmont Elementary School
At a Glance
- Serves grades K-4
- Hillsboro Cluster
- Open Enrollment
- Offers bus transportation
- Offers before or aftercare
Welcome to Our School
Welcome to Waverly Belmont Elementary School! We are now in our third year as a new school, and every year is better than the last! We offer excellent teachers, research-based instruction, integrated technology, and a beautiful learning environment.
This year at Waverly Belmont Elementary School, we have two areas of focus.
1.) Provide strong, individualized instruction to every student.
2.) Implement a school-wide behavior model to support the social/emotional needs of every student.
I continue to stand in awe of the amazing school community at Waverly Belmont. I am honored to serve the children here, and I look forward to strengthening my relationships with parents, faculty/staff, and the community. I also invite every parent to actively partner with us to ensure success for every child.
Let’s work together to provide UNWAVERING EXCELLENCE at Waverly Belmont Elementary School!
Nestled in the 12th South community, Waverly Belmont is one of two Technology Demonstration Schools in the MNPS district. Not only do we offer state-of-the-art technology throughout the school building, we also boast a 1:1 ratio of technology device to student during the school day. Technology is used to ENHANCE instruction, not replace our wonderful teachers.
What our school offers:
- Project-based learning
- Social-emotional learning
- Move This World Mindfulness Program
- Award-winning staff members
- Brand new spacious and inviting facility
- Hands-on science and math
- Premier music, art and physical education programs
- Encore program for gifted and talented students
- Interactive technology
- Blended learning
- Balanced literacy and numeracy
- Open access library scheduling
- Spanish instruction for K-4
- Intern/Student-teacher training site
- Partnerships with Belmont University and Vanderbilt University
- Demonstration Classroom and ongoing teacher/staff professional development
- After-school clubs and activities
- Active PTO and strong parental involvement
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
A Typical Day at School
- Social-emotional learning
- Daily morning meetings
- English Language Arts
- Science and Social Studies
- Related Arts (60 minutes)
- Recess/Brain Break
- RTI (50 minutes)
School Details & Links
Waverly-Belmont’s Standard School Attire is collared shirts (any solid color) and navy, black or khaki shorts, dresses, skirts or pants. Students may also wear a Waverly Belmont spirit-wear shirt on any day with SSA bottoms.
You can find standard school attire at most children’s clothing stores as well as Walmart and Target. Or you can buy school shirts with our school emblem here.
Students are free to choose socks/tights, hair bows, sweaters/cardigans or undershirts as they wish.
- Acting Up
- Camp Brick
- Cub Scouts
- Girl Scouts
- Running Club
- Sports Club
- Dance/Cheer Club
- Ballet Club
We are so lucky to be a part of the 12th South community and have wonderful partners (near and far) who support us!
- Fellowship Bible Church
- Farmers’ Insurance
- BOX Coffee
- Beacon Technologies