Two Rivers Middle School
At a Glance
- Serves grades 5-8
- McGavock Cluster
- Open Enrollment
- Offers bus transportation
- Offers before and aftercare
Welcome From the Principal
Thank you for choosing Two Rivers as your first choice for your student’s middle school education. At Two Rivers, we value our place as a community school. We serve this neighborhood proudly and our doors are always open to anyone who wants to visit.
In addition to our partnership with Amazon, which donated enough Kindle devices for every student, we just received a grant from Leader.org to become the first middle school in the district to become a Leader in Me school, which is a school whose operating principals are the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Each year, the incoming 5th graders will learn the 7 Habits and how to apply to them to what we do here each and every day.
If you want to lend a hand to help our students, there are plenty of opportunities—from donating food, clothing and school supplies or volunteering as a tutor or mentor to joining our PTO, which provides much needed services to assist our teachers and students each and every day.
We look forward to visiting with you. Contact us for a school tour and one of our student ambassadors will be your tour guide and answer any questions that you may have.
Students at Two Rivers Middle School are offered many opportunities to grow beyond core academics. Our goal is to educate each student as a whole person, providing avenues for creative expression while preparing them for the future. Mentoring, tutoring and personalized learning are also available to support a solid education. We offer blended learning programs as well as Encore, the district’s gifted learning program and honors English and Math for each grade. Our Beta Club promotes academic achievement and strong character, and we reward members with a trip to St. Louis or Atlanta every year.
We offer three high-school credit courses: Algebra I, Intro to Physical Science and Spanish I. In addition, High School 101 is a program that can prepare students for their next phase in education. Student banking with the US Community Credit Union is another program that works to prepare students for the future, well beyond middle and even high school.
Our mission includes enhancing students’ unique talents and interests, and our extracurricular activities reflect this. We currently do not offer a traditional after-school program but students in various clubs often meet after school to practice and work on various projects. We plan to offer a daily after-school program during the 2018-2019 school year. We also offer art, band, strings and guitar as a related arts class. Spring and fall sports include volleyball, wrestling, basketball, cheerleading and step team.
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
A Typical Day at School
- Daily Morning Meeting with an emphasis on the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- 60 minutes of PLT (Personal Learning Time)
- Daily Advisory
- 60 minutes of related arts
- PBIS-Positive Behavior Intervention and Support
- Bi-weekly Clubs
- Monthly Intramurals
School Details & Links
The SSA policy has been revised for the 2016-2017 school year.
- Students will still wear khaki, navy blue or black pants.
- Students are allowed to wear any collared shirt, including stripes or plaid. However, students will NOT be allowed to wear collared shirts that are denim or chambray.
- Belts will not be required unless sagging is an issue.
- Students are allowed to wear T-shirts if they have a Two Rivers Logo.
Students are NOT allowed to wear:
- Hoodies (includes athletic hoodies)
- Jogging pants
- Sweaters with designs over SSA shirt (Sweaters must be a solid color)
- Denim pants, vest or jackets
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
- Community Achieves School
- Community Resource Room
- Food Bank
- Clothing closet
- STARS counseling
- Social and emotional learning
- Anti-bullying training
- Boys' Soccer
- Cheerleading / Dance
- Cross Country
- Girls' Soccer
- Girls' Volleyball
- Track and Field
- Beta Club
- Book Club
- Chess Club
- Creative Writing
- Intramural Sports
- Math Club
- Pep Team
- Science Club
- Student Government Association
- Video Game Club
- Grace Church of the Nazarene
- The Donelson Fellowship
- Stones River Women's Club
- US Community Credit Union
- Mental Health Cooperative
- Gaylord Marriott
- St. John Lutheran Church
- The F.I.N.D Design
- Second Harvest School Food Site
- All the Kings Men
- Harpeth Hills Church of Christ
- Laconia Hills Baptist Church
- New Visions Baptist Church
- Andrew Price and United Methodist Partnerships
- Harvest Hands Community Development
- Payne Chapel AME Church