Rosebank STEM School
At a Glance
- Serves grades Pre-K - 4
- Stratford Cluster
- Open Enrollment
- Offers bus transportation
- Offers before or aftercare
Welcome to Our School
Welcome to Rosebank STEM School! We’re striving to be the most desired neighborhood school in East Nashville, and we’re making great progress toward that goal. Building renovations are underway, as is the implementation of our new STEM program.
Everything parents know and love about Rosebank will continue to be a priority for us. That includes our emphasis on social and emotional learning, community building and restorative justice practices so all students feel welcomed and loved at Rosebank. We’ve renewed our commitment to the visual and performing arts. We’re also seeing an increase in family and community involvement, thanks in part to new business partnerships and a newly elected PTO.
In short, we are so excited about the future of Rosebank and what we can offer our students and families. Welcome to the Rosebank STEM School family!
1012 Preston Drive
Nashville, TN 37206 (map)
Motivated, engaged, exciting, welcoming, supportive, respectful, determined, proud. These are just a few words to describe Rosebank STEM School and our wonderful community of students, teachers, families and supporters. As our name suggests, Rosebank boasts a strong STEM focus. Our newly implemented STEM program offers direct engineering and technology instruction, as well as opportunities to work in a maker space and partner with scientists from Vanderbilt University in the Vanderbilt Scientist in the Classroom program. Our school garden is currently under construction and will provide students opportunities to grow seasonal crops as well as provide an outdoor learning space. Check out this list of other offerings:
- Excellent facilities with leading technologies
- Dynamic, energetic and innovative staff who focus on student learning
- Encore program for gifted/academically talented students
- Social and emotional learning
- Commitment to visual and performing arts
- Reading assistance through Reading Recovery
- Daily recess/physical activity
- After-school tutoring from Project Transformation
- Before and aftercare
- Strong student and family support from school social worker, counselor and family engagement specialist
- Active PTO
- Accessible leadership
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
A Typical Day at School
- 7:45 - 8:15 a.m. - Breakfast in the classroom
- 30 minutes for lunch
- One hour of Related Arts daily (music, art, physical education)
- 90-120 minutes - Reading Language Arts
- 60-75 minutes - Math
- 45-60 minutes - Personal Learning Time
- 45-60 minutes - Science and/or Social Studies
- 30 minutes - Social and Emotional Learning
- 60-90 minutes - STEM instruction per week
- 30-45 minutes - School Counselor Instruction
- Recess and/or physical activity time daily (varies by grade level)
School Details & Links
Shirts or uniform dresses can be any solid color with a collar. Rosebank school spirit shirts may be worn any day of the week.
Pants, shorts, skirts and capris must be navy, black or khaki. No denim. Sweatpants, leggings, jeggings or tights are not considered Standard School Attire bottoms.
All clothing should be appropriately sized, no more than one size bigger or smaller than student’s actual size.
Shoes should be appropriate and safe for recess and physical education class.
- Girls on the Run
- Music Makes Us
- Student Advisory Council
- Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation
- Aldersgate United Methodist