Joelton Elementary School
At a Glance
- Serves grades Pre-K - 4
- Whites Creek Cluster
- Open Enrollment
- Offers bus transportation
- Does not offer before or aftercare
Welcome From the Principal
Welcome to Joelton Elementary! We are a small, student-centered school nestled in the heart of a historic community. We strive to create an environment where all who enter are welcome, and where every student can experience a safe, accepting place to learn and grow.
Our students get strong foundations in literacy and are also exposed to a variety of related arts experiences like guitar, art, music and PE.
Take a look around to learn more about our school. I welcome you to join us and experience all that Joelton Elementary can provide you and your family!
Joelton Elementary School offers a rich academic environment that challenges students to meet and exceed Tennessee Academic Standards. We offer year-round parent and family involvement through activities and events, a positive and supportive faculty, and a multitude of volunteer opportunities.
Our students participate in project-based learning and grade-level music programs. Everyone is provided academic enrichment opportunities as well as individualized academic support as needed, both during the school day and through after-school tutoring services. In a typical day, students are taught lessons in literacy, math, science and social studies. Students also attend related arts classes such as music, art, PE, guidance and library on a regular basis. Free guitar lessons are offered to our 3rd and 4th graders. Encore is a program offered to our gifted students, ensuring they are challenged as they learn.
Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts also provide our children with the opportunity to learn important character, life and leadership skills, beginning at a young age. Our annual special events include a Book Fair, Annual Meeting, Open House and parent-teacher conferences.
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
A Typical Day at School
- Morning Meeting
- Balanced Literacy Block
- Balanced Math Block
- RTI (Intervention)
- Social Studies
- Related Arts (Music, Art, Library, PE)
- Guidance classes
School Details & Links
Joelton Elementary has opted out of Standard School Attire with the following stipulations:
- All clothing must be appropriately sized; shorts and skirts must reach to the tips of your fingers.
- Logos or manufacturer trademarks need to be appropriate for an elementary school setting.
- Outerwear such as raincoats, windbreakers and cold-weather jackets and coats may not be worn in the school unless permission is given.
- Appropriate footwear must be worn at all times. Laces on shoes or sneakers must be tied.
- Torn clothing, spaghetti-strapped tops or see-through clothing is prohibited.
For additional guidelines, please review the Joelton Elementary Dress Code Policy.
- Social and Emotional Learning
- Anti-bullying training and/or clubs
- Guitar Lessons
- Whites Creek Community Club
- Country Homes and Garden Club
- Civitan Club
- Joelton Church of Christ
- Joelton First Baptist
- Bethel Church of Christ
- Forest Grove United Methodist Church
- Greenville United Methodist Church
- St. Lawrence Catholic Church
- Harpeth Hills Church of Christ
- Family Dollar