Isaac Litton Middle School
At a Glance
- Serves grades 5-8
- Stratford Cluster
- Open Enrollment
- Offers bus transportation
- Offers onsite aftercare
Welcome From the Principal
It is an honor and privilege to be a part of your child’s education. Being an educator is truly a joy and a passion of mine. In fact, it’s in my blood—both my mother and father are retired administrators from Memphis City Schools. I believe that it is our responsibility as educators to do whatever it takes to ensure that our students become successful citizens, and I am committed to ensuring that Isaac Litton students are prepared and given every opportunity to excel.
I am happy to say that we saw great academic progress across the board last year, and our faculty and staff are hard at work to build on that progress. It’s clear that our STEM-themed curriculum is engaging students and helping them imagine a better world around them.
We look forward to taking our STEM program to the next level and getting all of East Nashville involved in our community garden. Let’s work together to make Isaac Litton Middle School the first choice for our great East Nashville community!
4601 Hedgewood Drive
Nashville, TN 37216 (map)
Principal: Mrs. Chara Rand email@example.com
Assistant Principal: Mr. Jeff Davis firstname.lastname@example.org
Counselor: Ms. Shari Carter email@example.com
School Board Representative: Jill Speering firstname.lastname@example.org
Isaac Litton is a STEM-themed school located in East Nashville where students learn to think in unconventional ways to solve problems. We partner with the top scientists, engineers, mathematicians and researchers in our region and utilize the most current technologies. The skills we teach will enable students to be successful in any career because we help them see and understand how knowledge gained across all of the subject areas come together to aid problem-solving.
In line with this STEM theme, every nine weeks students complete an interdisciplinary STEM project, which help connects what the students are learning in the classroom to the real world. Each December, we hold a school-wide STEM Showcase, where students from each grade select projects to showcase to the whole school.
Additionally, we offer Encore, the district’s gifted education program, and we have a STEM-related arts class, which students rotate through every nine weeks, as well as other related arts classes such as physical education, art and music.
Isaac Litton’s band program is another of the school’s success stories. Led by a passionate band director, the program has grown exponentially in the past four years to include a beginner, intermediate, rock, pep and honor band.
All of this takes place in our LEED-certified, green building. We have big, bright double-pane windows, motion-sensor lights and plumbing, and climate-controlled classrooms throughout the school. Our classrooms are also equipped with interactive Smart Boards.
8:40 a.m. - 3:55 p.m.
A Typical Day at School
- 8:45 - 9 a.m.: Breakfast, homeroom, Pledge of Allegiance and announcements
- 9 - 10 a.m.: Lion Time (During this time, students participate in various Response to Instruction and Intervention - RTI2 lessons to help them build their literacy and numeracy skills. Students review past skills or participate in enrichment projects.)
- 10 - 11 a.m.: 1st Block Science
- 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.: 2nd Block Social Studies and Lunch
- 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.: 3rd Block Math
- 1:30 - 1:50 p.m.: Recess (5th and 6th grade only)
- 1:50 - 2:50 p.m.: 4th Block Literacy
- 2:50 - 3:50 p.m.: 5th Block Related Arts
Note: The order of the subjects, as well as the timing of related arts, are different per student. All 5th- and 6th-grade students receive 60 minutes of each core subject per day, as well as 60 minutes of related arts and 20 minutes of recess. All 7th- and 8th-grade students receive 64 minutes of each core subject per day, as well as 64 minutes of related arts.
Isaac Litton Middle School is one of our STEAM middle schools. At Isaac Litton students use STEAM, science technology, engineering, arts and math as access points to the 4Cs (critical thinking, communication, creativity and collaboration). This empowers our students to better understand how their skills fit into our complex world. Learn more about STEAM in MNPS here: mnps.org/steam
School Details & Links
Standard School Attire (SSA)
- Bottoms: Navy blue, black or any shade of khaki; belts required.
- Shirts: With sleeves and a collar in solid colors; properly buttoned, sized and tucked in.
- Students should wear IDs around neck.
Pridewear: T-shirts may be worn any day of the week; sweatshirts may be worn over a an SSA-appropriate shirt. To purchase pridewear, email email@example.com.
Every Friday, students with a Lions Badge may wear non-SSA, but appropriate clothing. If there is a question about whether something is appropriate, please refer to the district policy.
- Certificated Staff and Teacher Email List
- School One Pager
- Drop-off and pick-up procedures
- 5th Grade Supply List
- 6th Grade Supply List
- 7th Grade Supply List
- 8th Grade Supply List
- 2016-2017 Isaac Litton Middle School Theme: Can’t Hide that Lion Pride
- Welcome Letter (page 1)
- Welcome Letter (page 2)
- Parent-Student Handbook
- Accessing the ePlan Website
- Supply List Translated Glossary
- Discovery STEAM Summer Camps
- Parent Teacher Student Organization (PTSO)
Current President: Cari Sands
- Onsite aftercare
Nashville After Zone Alliance (NAZA)
Contact: Morgan Campey, firstname.lastname@example.org, 615-244-8133.
Hours: Monday-Thursday 4:05-6 p.m.
- Social and emotional learning
- Please go to the app store on your phone and/or tablet and search for Isaac Litton Middle School and download the free app. Updates about events and announcements will be communicated through this app.
- Boys’ Soccer
- Cheerleading / Dance
- Girls’ Soccer
- Girls’ Volleyball
- Track and Field
- Beta Club
- Garden Club