Gateway Elementary School
At a Glance
- Serves grades K-4
- Hunters Lane Cluster
- Not Open Enrollment
- Offers bus transportation
- Offers before or aftercare
Welcome From the Principal
Welcome to Gateway Elementary School! We’re honored you’re here, either as current parents or prospective ones.
From qualified, caring teachers to our family resource center and other support services, Gateway has a lot to offer our students and families. The school's small size gives us the unique ability to get to know all of our students and families. We integrate this family atmosphere into our daily schedule of education. We want these elementary years to provide great memories in the future, as well as give our students a well-balanced foundation to build upon in middle and high school.
Come see for yourself all that Gateway can offer.
1524 Monticello Avenue
Madison, TN 37115 (map)
A small, community school located in the heart of a residential Madison neighborhood, Gateway Elementary School provides the safe and educational environment every parent desires for their child.
At Gateway, we are a community of students, parents, teachers and staff, and we work together to be prepared, use honest communication, follow rules and procedures, set and accept high expectations, show good character, value time and treasure education. Among our academic offerings is Encore, a program for gifted and talented students.
In 2011, Gateway Elementary underwent a renovation that has resulted in the addition of a wonderful music room, new art room and gymnasium, as well as additional classrooms. We love to show off our beautiful campus every year at our Holiday Coffee. Held since 1963, this annual event draws alumni and features performances from all of our students.
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
A Typical Day at School
- 15 minutes - Morning Meeting
- 60 minutes – Response to Intervention
- 90 minutes each – Language Arts and Math
- 60 minutes - Related Arts (PE, Art, Music)
- 30 minutes each - Science/Social Studies
- 30 minutes - Lunch
- 15 minutes - Writing/Reading/Recess
School Details & Links
Standard School Attire (SSA)
Bottoms: Pants, shorts, capri pants, skirts, skorts or jumpers in the colors of navy blue, black or any shade of khaki.
Tops: Shirts with short or long sleeves and a collar (polo, dress-style with or without buttons, or turtleneck) in any solid color; all shirts should be properly buttoned and tucked inside bottoms
For additional guidelines, please review the Gateway Elementary School Dress Code Policy.
- Certificated Staff and Teacher Email List
- School One Pager
- Arrival and Dismissal Information
- Dress Code Policy
- Kindergarten Supply List
- 1st Grade Supply List
- 2nd Grade Supply List
- 3rd Grade Supply List
- 4th Grade Supply List
- Parent-Student Handbook
- Accessing the ePlan Website
- Supply List Translated Glossary
- Parent Involvement Policy
- Parent Involvement Policy (Spanish)
- Parent Compact
- Parent Compact (Spanish)
- Parent Teacher Association (PTA): Please come by the school and check out our PTA table. Our PTA is looking to be a vital part of Gateway Elementary, and is looking for volunteers to help with this endeavor! Sign-ups will be available at each Open House and all Gateway events.
- Before and aftercare
- YMCA Fun Co.: 615-566-2222
- Extreme Martial Arts: 615-612-4328
- Creative Minds Learning: 615-868-1046
- Kuddles for Kids: 615-859-1927
- Family Resource Center
- English Language classes
- Girl Scouts
- The Well House Church
- Rivergate Church of Christ
- Schneider Electric Corporation
- Madison Elks Lodge
- Kiwanis Club