Eagle View Elementary School
At A Glance
- Serves grades Pre-K - 4
- Cane Ridge Cluster
- Open Enrollment
- Offers bus transportation
- Offers before and aftercare
Welcome From the Principal
Welcome to Eagle View Elementary! I am Shawn Lawrence, the proud principal of this beautiful new school. As the inaugural principal of Eagle View Elementary, my greatest initiative is to provide the leadership that will facilitate a student-centered school environment responsive to the most sensitive needs of all our students. Through this responsive learning environment, the school will be focused on ensuring that all students are middle-school ready and prepared for life-long success.
Along with a student-centered environment, I’ll work to build close relationships within our school, in our community and with our administration. Through community partnerships, parental support, investment and collaboration, the faculty and staff of Eagle View Elementary will provide students with E.V.E.: an Excellent, Vibrant Education.
I can’t wait to open the doors to Eagle View Elementary's first group of students in August 2018. Exciting times lie ahead. I look forward to working with the dedicated staff at Eagle View. I am truly honored to have the opportunity to serve you and the Antioch/Cane Ridge community. Together, we can make dreams come true for our children.
Metro Nashville Public Schools will welcome a new school into the Antioch/Cane Ridge community in August 2018: Eagle View Elementary School.
This brand new school has a capacity of 800 students. Follow along with monthly construction updates.
After considering many options to address a lack of space at Antioch Middle School for fall 2018, Metro Schools will implement a temporary change at Cane Ridge Elementary that will allow Cane Ridge students who will be entering the 5th grade in the fall of 2018, and who live in the Cane Ridge Elementary school zone, to remain at Cane Ridge Elementary for 5th grade.
This change will affect approximately 60 students. Current CRES fourth-grade students who live in the new Eagle View zone will attend 5th grade at Antioch Middle next fall as planned. This short-term fix is expected to last for the next three to four school years. The long-term solution is to request funding for a new middle school in the Cane Ridge Cluster.
Please plan to attend an informational meeting March 22 at 6:30 p.m. to hear more about the plans and answer questions. The location is the Southeast Nashville Community Center (5260 Hickory Hollow Parkway, Suite 202).
If you have any questions, please refer to our FAQs.
8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
A Typical Day at School
- Breakfast in the Classroom: 20 minutes
- Morning meeting: 15 minutes
- Personalized Learning Time (RTI2): 45 minutes
- Related Arts Block (Art, Music, PE, and STEAM): 60 minutes
- Recess: 20 minutes
- Lunch: 30 minutes
- Literacy Block (with Guided Reading): 120 minutes
- Math Block: 90 minutes
School Details & Links
Calendar, Menus, Photo Gallery Coming Soon!
Any Color Solid, Collared Shirt
Blue, Black, Khaki Bottoms-No Denim or Jean Material
- Parent training classes
- Social and Emotional Learning
- Eagle View is excited to announce an after-school care opportunity with Moves & Grooves & the Nashville Rotary at Eagle View starting Aug 2018. Program focuses on STEAM & Performing Art for 1st-4th Graders. 3-6p daily with light meal. $40 per week. Transportation not provided.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Middle Tennessee offers programs that include academic support, games, and fun activities led by caring adult professionals. We provide before- and after-care for kids K-4th grade. Our hours of operation are 3-6:30 pm, Monday - Friday. Transportation is not provided.
- Intramural sports
With Family Portal, families can see real-time class and assignment grades, homework, test scores, upcoming due dates, attendance information, discipline incidents and more. It allows for better communication between teachers and families through emails and mobile alerts. Teachers can send messages to parents and they can post important news and announcements for families to see. Click here for registration instructions and to learn more about Family Portal.
- Ford Ice center
- US Community Credit Union
- Junior Achievement
- Crossroads Church of Antioch