Crieve Hall Elementary School
At a Glance
- Serves grades K-4
- Overton Cluster
- Not Open Enrollment
- Offers bus transportation
- Offers before and aftercare
Welcome From the Principal
Welcome to Crieve Hall, one of Tennessee’s best elementary schools. We are a vibrant and diverse learning community where all children always come first. Parents and staff love Crieve Hall because it feels like a small neighborhood school, despite enrolling nearly 500 students each year. We accomplish this through our strong partnerships with our PTA, our families and our community.
Outstanding student achievements have earned our reputation as one of Nashville’s best-kept secrets. I am so proud of all the hard work our great teachers, staff, parents and students have put in to make our school one of the best. Please feel free to visit us to see and feel for yourself what makes Crieve Hall Elementary School such a great school.
498 Hogan Road
Nashville, TN 37220 (map)
Principal: Nate Miley email@example.com
Reading Specialist: Carnella Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
School Counselor: Doreen Stoner email@example.com
School Board Representative: Jo Ann Brannon firstname.lastname@example.org
The tradition of educational excellence offered at Crieve Hall comes from several factors: instruction by highly qualified teachers and staff; students from diverse backgrounds; and highly involved parents who positively impact our students’ educational experience.
On top of strong academic programs, including arts, blended learning and Encore, the district’s gifted learning program, we offer extracurricular activities to keep students engaged and growing. After-school clubs include piano, guitar, debate, creative writing and garden club, to name a few.
Our diverse student family lends us an international spirit that reflects real life in our community. We also look for learning opportunities in our community. One example is the annual Rural Life Festival at the nearby Ellington Agricultural Center. Every May, our entire school takes a walking field trip to this enriching event, and our 4th-grade students even get the chance to volunteer.
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
A Typical Day at School
- 60 minutes of Related Arts
- 120 minutes of English Language Arts
- 60 minutes of Response to Intervention (RTI)
- 60 minutes of Math
- 30 minutes of Science
- 20 minutes for Recess
- 30 minutes for Lunch
School Details & Links
Standard School Attire
Tops: Must have sleeves and a collar. Any solid color is acceptable.
Bottoms: Navy blue, black or any shade of khaki.
See Dress Code Policy for more detailed information.
- Certificated Staff and Teacher Email List
- School One Pager
- Arrival and Dismissal Information
- Dress Code Policy
- October Newsletter - English
- October Newsletter - Spanish
- January Newsletter - English
- January Newsletter - Spanish
- Student-Parent Handbook
- Accessing the ePlan Website
- Kindergarten Supply List
- Kindergarten Supply List (Spanish)
- 1st Grade Supply List
- 1st Grade Supply List (Spanish)
- 2nd Grade Supply List
- 2nd Grade Supply List (Spanish)
- 3rd Grade Supply List
- 3rd Grade Supply List (Spanish)
- 4th Grade Supply List
- 4th Grade Supply List (Spanish)
- Supply List Translated Glossary
Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
- Co-Presidents: Amy Wirdzek and Emily Christensen
Before and aftercare
- Crievewood United Methodist Day Care: 615-832-2897
- Miss Debbie’s Day Care: 615-833-2044
- YMCA Fun Company, Harding Place YMCA: 615-533-5639
- Sandy’s School Daze: 615-833-2239
- Crievewood Baptist Church: 615-832-5968
English language classes
Parent training classes
Social and Emotional Learning
- Creative Writing
- Garden Club
- Music Makes Us
- Science Club
- Crievewood Baptist Church
- Ellington Agricultural Center
- Crievewood Methodist Church