Creswell Middle School of the Arts
At a Glance
- Serves grades 5-8
- Open Enrollment
- Offers bus transportation
- Offers before and aftercare
- Community Achieves school
Welcome From the Principal
Thank you for your interest in Creswell Middle School of the Arts. Located in the heart of Nashville's Bordeaux neighborhood, Creswell is truly a unique school with an amazing facility, outstanding students, dedicated staff and a caring community.
This year, we’re celebrating our 10th year, and what a decade it’s been! We invite you to experience the synergy and energy of the arts and academics in action here at Creswell!
3500 John Mallette Drive
Nashville, TN 37218 (map)
Opened in Fall 2006, Creswell Middle School of the Arts serves a diverse population of middle-school students from across Nashville with a passion for the arts. Through our arts magnet program, we offer a wide and varied selection of arts courses, which include Dance, Drama, Visual Arts, General Music, Music Appreciation, Musical Theatre, Speech, Art Appreciation, Creative Writing, Playwriting, Chorus, Paintworks, Photography, Keyboard, Strings and Band.
In addition to our arts-based curriculum, Creswell offers rigorous standards in academics, including Encore, the district’s gifted learning program. English learners also thrive at Creswell, where they are offered an environment in which they can gain proficiency in English. Finally, Creswell’s Exceptional Education teachers offer individualized instruction and assistance to students identified as having particular needs which cannot be met in a day-to-day academic setting. These needs may be academic, physical, social and/or emotional.
Creswell has earned the attention of the local community and was recently awarded grants from VH1 for a piano keyboard lab and from the Country Music Association (CMA) for both musical instruments and our theater sound system. We also are proud to have our school theater named in honor of Nashville’s former Mayor Bill Purcell for his contributions to education and Music City, USA.
7:55 a.m. - 3:05 p.m.
A Typical Day at School
Creswell students are exposed to a top-notch arts program both in their core classes (Literacy, Math, Science, and Social Studies) as well as in their arts classes. In addition to studying core subjects, each student takes two arts classes that fall into one of three categories: Performing Arts, Visual Arts or Arts Industry.
Creswell Middle School is one of our STEAM middle schools. At Creswell students use STEAM, science technology, engineering, arts and math as access points to the 4Cs (critical thinking, communication, creativity and collaboration). This empowers our students to better understand how their skills fit into our complex world. Learn more about STEAM in MNPS here: mnps.org/steam
School Details & Links
Standard School Attire (SSA)
Tops: Sleeves and collar; any solid color
Bottoms: Black, navy blue, brown, khaki or grey
For more detailed information about SSA, as well as information about Non-Standard School Attire and Spirit Days, please refer to the Dress Code Policy.
- Certificated Staff and Teacher Email List
- School One Pager
- Dress Code Policy
- Student Handbook
- Parent Compact
- Parent Involvement Policy
- Accessing the ePlan Website
- Summer Reading List
- Supply List
- Rising 5th Grader Math Summer Packet
- Rising 6th Grader Math Summer Packet
- Rising 7th Grader Math Summer Packet
- Rising 8th Grader Math Summer Packet
- Supply List Translated Glossary
- 2018-19 Admissions Process
- Dance Audition Requirements
- School Video
- Discovery STEAM Summer Camps
Parent Teacher Student Organization (PTSO)
Social and Emotional Learning
Community Achieves School
- Contact: Ms. Courtney Artis, Courtney.Artis@mnps.org
- Book Club
- Girls on the Run
- Intramural Sports
- Music Makes Us
- Student Government Association
- Tennessee Performing Arts Center (TPAC)
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee
- ECON Charities
- Fifty Forward (Bordeaux)
- Reading Academy At Vanderbilt (RAV)
- Kroger - Clarksville Hwy.
- Girls On The Run
- Northwest YMCA
- YMCA FUN Company
- Watkins College of Art and Design
- NAZA Beech Creek
- Ministries Center for Imagination
- Pencil Academic and Career Enrichment (PACE)
- ASET Academy
- Boys and Girls Club
- Back Field In Motion
- Zeta Alpha Chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc. (TSU)
- Express Employment Professionals