Casa Azafrán Early Learning Center
At a Glance
- Serves grades pre-K
- Glencliff Cluster
- Open Enrollment
- Offers bus transportation
- Offers before or aftercare
Welcome to Our School
Welcome, families! We at Casa Azafrán Early Learning Center are extremely excited that you have selected our school for your child’s early educational experience.
One of our main goals is to create a nurturing environment for your child where he/she is respected as an individual and is free to ask questions, investigate, explore, wonder and reflect on his/her experiences. We also aim to form partnerships with our families in order to support your child’s development and academic success in kindergarten and beyond.
We welcome you to the Casa Azafrán ELC community!
2195 Nolensville Pike
Nashville, TN 37211 (map)
Casa Azafrán Early Learning Center is one of the district’s newly established Pre-K centers, proudly located within the Casa Azafrán Community Center near downtown Nashville.
Our classes are small in size but big in spirit! We prepare students for kindergarten and beyond through meaningful learning experiences based on play and discovery. Our students are exposed to outdoor experiences, social and emotional learning activities, and structured play that’s designed to support their development.
We practice active, hands-on and project-based learning, giving students time to explore, examine and problem-solve. They learn about the earth and sciences by helping with an actual garden. They learn about multicultural music and movement while working on their motor skills.
Breakfast and lunch are provided to children daily, and we all eat together family-style while engaging in meaningful conversations. Mealtime is one of our favorite parts of the day!
Being located inside Casa Azafrán's Community Center makes ours a unique school site that offers many benefits to families. Family resources are readily available—from English classes to parent workshops. The Center is also home to many nonprofits offering legal services, plus services in education, healthcare and the arts, to immigrants, refugees and the community as a whole. We also offer affordable before- and after-care services from 6:30 a.m. until 6 p.m. each day.
The Center and our school reflect Nashville’s true cultural essence—right down to our name. “Azafrán” (pronounced “ah-zah-frahn”) is saffron in Spanish, a golden yellow-orange spice indigenous to Asia. The cultivation and use of saffron span many cultures, continents and civilizations. The Spanish word “azafrán,” for example, is derived from Arabic. The Community Center chose the name to pay homage to our multi-ethnic heritage and to reflect the organization’s intention to be an inclusive, welcoming place for all immigrants in Nashville. We’re beyond grateful to be a part of this organization and to open our doors to young minds from all cultures.
8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
A Typical Day at School
- Free breakfast
- Outdoor learning through garden-based curriculum
- Center-based learning approach
- The Creative Curriculum
- Multicultural music and movement
- Indoor gross motor skills
School Details & Links
Children will need to wear a solid, collared shirt, close-toed shoes, and pants, skirts or shorts that are blue, black or khaki.
If you are in need of a full uniform to get started for the school year, please call the school at 615-835-2510 and ask to speak to Monica Davila.
- Before and aftercare: Our school has an extended learning program available on site from 6:30 a.m. until 6 p.m. each day that school is in session. Your child must be registered for this service in advance. The fee is $35 per week, whether the child stays all week or only a few days out of the week. Please contact Shavette.Glenn@mnps.org for more information or call 615-259-3282 ext. 858309.
- English Language classes
- Parent training classes
- Social and Emotional Learning
- None available
- Casa Azafrán: Conveniently located near downtown Nashville, Casa Azafrán stands at the gateway to Nashville’s most international and socially diverse district. Casa Azafrán is both a beautiful event space and home to a collective of nonprofits that offer services in education, legal, health care and the arts to immigrants, refugees and the community as a whole.
- Conexión Américas
- Global Education Center
- Plant the Seed
- Tennessee Performing Arts Center