Antioch High School
At a Glance
- Serves grades 9-12
- Antioch Cluster
- Not Open Enrollment
- Offers bus transportation
- Does not offer before or aftercare
- Community Achieves School
Welcome From the Principal
Welcome to Antioch High School! We offer a rigorous, comprehensive, and engaging curriculum through high quality instruction. We celebrate the diversity of our students and offer a multitude of opportunities for students to demonstrate individual talents academically, artistically, and athletically.
Our vision is to inspire and prepare students to be confident in their abilities and ultimately use the knowledge and skills acquired here at Antioch High School to become productive and responsible citizens.
We are confident that as you learn more about us, you will find that Antioch High School is an excellent school that can and will prepare your child for a successful future. We are Antioch!
1900 Hobson Pike
Antioch, TN 37013 (map)
Executive Principal: Clarissa Zellars
Vice Principal: Dr. Lesley Isabel
AP-Teaching and Service: Dr. Kelly Latham
AP-Hospitality and Marketing: Jason Kirby
AP-Ninth Grade: Deante’ Alexander
AP-Business and Finance: Matthew Kilkenny
AP-Engineering and Automotive Technology: Tiffany Wilkerson
Academy Coach: Nekesha Burnette
Community Achieves Site Manager: Shannon Fitzpatrick
School Board Representative: Tyese Hunter
Antioch High School is home to approximately 2,200 students, but the learning experience provided here matches that of a smaller, community school. Our mission is to create a learning environment structured around small learning communities that enhance personal growth and develop well-prepared graduates.
Our nationally recognized career Academies of Nashville bring life to our mission by preparing our students for post-secondary opportunities. All of our Academies have reached model status. Our Freshman Academy helps ease the transition between middle school and high school, while 10th- through 12th-grade students have access to real-world learning opportunities, training and certifications through the Tennessee Credit Union Academy of Business and Finance; Academy of Engineering and Automotive Technology; Academy of Teaching and Service; and Academy of Hospitality and Marketing.
Outside of our Academies, we offer many academic programs focused on post-secondary success, including honors, International Baccalaureate, college prep and dual credit courses. Antioch High School is a STEM school, meaning our curriculum places a focus on science, technology, engineering and math. In March 2016, we became the first high school in Tennessee declared an AVID (Advancement through Individual Determination) Demonstration School.
7:15 a.m. - 2:15 p.m.
A Typical Day at School
AHS is on an "A/B Block" schedule, with 4 classes every day of the week. Starting in 2016-2017, we will have a 45-minute RTI period built into our schedule. Tentatively, our schedule will look as follows:
- First Period
- Second Period
- Third Period (Lunch Block)
- Fourth Period
School Details & Links
Antioch High School maintains a professional learning environment. Standard School Attire is an important part of students’ learning valuable employability skills and maintaining focus on learning throughout the school year.
“What to Wear”
- Any solid color shirt with a collar is permitted.
- Any solid color pants/jeans with buttons and zippers are permitted.
- Dresses/skirts must be solid color and reach your fingertips when walking.
- All AHS approved spirit wear shirts are permitted.
“What Not to Wear”
- No clothing with profanity, indecent references, tobacco, alcohol, or drugs.
- No holes, rips, or tears.
- No hats or hoods up at any time.
- No flip flops, slides, or house shoes.
- No sleeveless, crop tops, or see through clothing of any kind.
- No sweatpants, joggers, tights, athletic shorts, or leggings.
- No form fitting or bodycon style dresses.
- No sagging.
Please review the Dress Code Policy for specific guidelines.
- Family Resource Center
- Food Bank
- Clothing Closet
- STARS counseling
- Social and Emotional Learning
- Anti-bullying training and/or clubs
- Restorative Justice
- Online School Payments
- Boys' Soccer
- Cheerleading / Dance
- Cross Country Football
- Girls' Soccer
- Girls' Softball
- Girls' Volleyball
- Track and Field
- Best Buddies
- Color Guard
- Diversity Club
- Garden Club
- Intramural Sports
- National Honor Society
- PRIDE club
- Student Government Association
- YMCA Latino Achievers
Academy of Engineering and Automotive Technology
- Nissan North America Inc.
- United Parcel Service
- Tennessee State University College of Engineering
The Tennessee Credit Union Academy of Business and Finance
- Nashville State Community College of Business
- Tennessee State University College of Business
- The Tennessee Credit Union
Academy of Hospitality and Marketing
- Holiday Inn-Opryland
- Nashville Airport Marriott
- Nashville Opera Noah Liff Center
- Nashville Predators – The Ford Ice Center
- Nashville State Community College Culinary Arts Program
- Tennessee Performing Arts Center
- The Crossings Event Center
Academy of Teaching and Service
- Girl Scouts of America
- Metro Nashville Education Association
- MNPS Counseling Service
- Tennessee Army National Guard
- Nashville State Community College
- The Hermitage
- Trevecca Nazarene University School of Education
Other Community Partners
- Hilton Suites Brentwood
- Just Crusin’ Plus
- Nashville Singers
- Nashville Zoo at Grassmere
- Holiday Inn Vandy
- STARS Nashville
- Oasis College Connection
- Mental Health Cooperative
- Youth For Christ
- Saving Our Daughters
- Visionary Institute
- Mental Health America of Middle Tennessee
- NICE (Nashville International Center for Empowerment)
- Second Harvest Food Bank
- Hands on Nashville Teamworks
- YMCA Literacy Program
- NPT Storytellers
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee
- Oasis Right Turn Program