Ross Early Learning Center
At a Glance
- Serves Pre-K
- Stratford Cluster
- Open Enrollment
- Does not offer bus transportation
- Offers before or aftercare
Welcome From the Principal
Welcome to Ross Early Learning Center! At our school, we focus on early childhood education by preparing children for success in kindergarten and beyond! Learning through play is the foundation of our curriculum and we specialize in teaching the whole child through daily developmentally appropriate experiences.
We encourage our parents to be actively involved in their child’s education through volunteering, having lunch or sharing WOW experiences. We are happy to welcome you into our natural learning environment at any time!
601 McFerrin Avenue
Nashville, TN 37206 (map)
Principal: Miatta Alexander
Dean of Instruction: Tandekile Francis
Family Involvement Specialist: Traci Bryant
School Counselor: Sarah Casada
School Board Representative: Christiane Buggs
Each year, Ross Early Learning Center serves around 250 4-year-old students. We specialize in early education, which means our daily focus is on laying foundations for academic success and lifelong learning. We strive to help our children and parents learn what it means to become part of a learning community.
We offer hands-on learning opportunities for our children, including 60 minutes of child-directed play each day. We also offer music, Plant the Seed gardening education, and global education through multicultural music and movement classes weekly.
Ours is a home-like environment, from how we decorate our classrooms to how we build relationships with our children and families. Every day, staff members are present at both arrival and dismissal to greet and talk to children and their families. Breakfast and lunch are always open for parents to join, and we offer daily before- and after-school care. We get to know our families by name and work to be a real part of their lives.
8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
A Typical Day at School
- 7:45 - 8:15 a.m.: Arrival/Breakfast/Centers
- 8:15 - 8:25 a.m.: Morning Meetings
- 8:25 - 9:35 a.m.: Centers
- 9:35 - 9:50 a.m.: Read Aloud
- 9:50 - 10:25 a.m.: Small Groups/Centers
- 10:25 - 11:10 a.m.: Outdoor Discovery
- 11:10 - 11:25 a.m.: Read Aloud
- 11:25 - 11:55 a.m.: Family Style Lunch
- 11:55 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.: Centers
- 12:45 - 1:45 p.m.: Nap
- 1:45 - 2 p.m.: Large group/Dismissal
School Details & Links
Tops: Any solid color shirt that has a collar
Bottoms: Black, navy or khaki
- Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
Family Involvement Specialist Traci Bryant is the school liaison
- Clothing Closet
- Parent training classes
- Social and Emotional Learning
- Garden Club
- Plant the Seed- gardening education
- Global Education- multi-cultural dance and movement