Maplewood High School
At a Glance
- Serves grades 9-12
- Maplewood Cluster
- Open Enrollment
- Offers bus transportation
- Does not offer before or aftercare
Welcome From the Principal
Welcome to the online home of Maplewood High School. At Maplewood, our academic programs are only the beginning. We offer real-world learning opportunities through the Academies of Nashville, plus sports and extracurricular activities that help enrich our students' lives. Meanwhile, continued community support and a strong alumni network help put the world at our students' fingertips.
I’m honored to be a part of Panther Nation, and I personally urge you to have a look around and learn more about what we offer our students.
Address: 401 Walton Lane
Nashville, TN 37216 (map)
Acting Principal: Dr. Keely Jones-Mason
AP of Energy & Power: Dr. Ryan Jackson
AP of Sports Medicine & Wellness: Dr. Marvin Olige
AP of Entrepreneurship & Innovation: Dr. Keely Jones-Mason
AP of Freshmen: Julie Travis
School Board Representative: Jill Speering
Maplewood High School is home to three Academies of Nashville that offer unique learning opportunities and hands-on career experience. The Academy of Entrepreneurship and Innovation offers a state-of-the-art entrepreneurship center, a complete automotive care center in partnership with Firestone and experience in cosmetology through a fully functional salon. The Academy of Energy and Power includes a lab that has produced award-winning products. Finally, the Academy of Sports Medicine and Wellness lab has helped countless students become CPR- and EKG-certified.
Maplewood is an enhanced option and STEM school, meaning we focus on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics and teach competency through hands-on, applied activities. With a focus on social and emotional learning, we’re equipped to help our students succeed now and well into the future. We offer strong, independent music and visual arts studies, and participation in the Belmont Scholars program.
To help bridge the gap between graduation and the future, we also offer adult readiness skills such as resume writing. Our graduates can leave Maplewood with multiple college credits, professional certifications and hundreds of thousands of dollars in college scholarship funding. We are proud and honored to help prepare our students for the future in every way we can.
7:05 a.m. - 2:05 p.m.
A Typical Day at School
- Maplewood is run on an A/B schedule. Days alternate between a student's A classes and B day classes.
- 1A/5B 7:05 - 8:39 a.m.
- 2A/6B 8:45 - 10:14 a.m.
- 3A/7B 10:20 a.m. - 12:24 p.m.
- 4A/8B 12:30 - 2:05 p.m.
School Details & Links
Students are required to wear a collared shirt with a twill or dress pant.
- Parent Teacher Organization
Contact: Antoinette Cain
- Family Resource Center
- English Language classes
- Clothing Closet
- Social and Emotional Learning
- Adult job readiness skills, e.g. resume writing
- Restorative Justice
- Boys' Soccer
- Cheerleading / Dance
- Cross Country
- Girls' Soccer
- Girls' Softball
- Girls' Volleyball
- Track and Field
- Anime Club
- Best Buddies
- Book Club
- Chess Club
- Color Guard
- Creative Writing
- Dance Club
- Diversity Club
- Foreign Language Clubs
- Garden Club
- Special Olympics
- Student Government Association
- YMCA Black Achievers
Academy of Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Bridgestone Americas
- Fifth Third Bank
- Junior Achievement of Middle TN
- Lexus of Nashville North
- Lincoln College of Technology
- Lipscomb University School of Computing and Informatics
- Paul Mitchell The School Nashville
- Plato's Closet
- Regency Beauty Institutes
- Tennessee State University College of Business
- The DeSelms Team
- The Food Truck Project
- The Green Truck Moving Company
- Urban League of Middle Tennessee
Academy of Energy & Power
- Nashville Electric Service
- Tennessee Valley Authority
- Stansell Electric Company, Inc.
- Waste Management of TN, Inc.
Academy of Sports Medicine & Wellnes
- Marian University at Saint Thomas Health
- Middle TN School of Anesthesia
- Nashville Beach
- St. Thomas Health Services