East Nashville Magnet Middle Prep
At a Glance
- Serves grades 5-8
- No Cluster
- Open Enrollment
- Offers bus transportation
- Offers before or aftercare
Welcome From the Principal
Welcome to East Nashville Magnet Middle Prep, where the development of the whole child is at the forefront of our work. The ability to speak, listen and think are driving forces that empower our students to become self-assured, confident adolescents who appreciate their immediate and impending successes.
Challenging interdisciplinary topics, along with in-depth seminars, permit our students to master their creative talents in the classroom. Whether in the form of project development, participation in the arts, or navigating through the sea of technology, the mirrors that have become windows become clearer each day. I welcome you to our East community.
2000 Greenwood Ave
Nashville, TN 37206
How to Enroll
Students who are not zoned for East Nashville Magnet Middle through a geographic priority zone must apply to attend this school through the Optional Schools application process.
East Nashville Magnet Middle School is a Paideia magnet/option school located in the heart of historic East Nashville. We embrace the Paideia philosophy of education; steeped in dialogue and experiential education, our students participate in regular Socratic seminars and project-based learning opportunities. We follow a holistic approach to educating students to the fullest of their abilities, equipping all students with the knowledge to become productive citizens in a global society.
Students participate in a wide variety of activities and learning opportunities that engage them in thought-provoking lessons centered in Math, Literacy, Social Studies and Science. Intervention and Enrichment are programmed into the schedule to increase student achievement and individualize instruction.
Beyond core academic classes, East Middle School offers students a diverse related arts program, courses that earn high school credits, the district’s Encore program for gifted learners, and a high-ranking athletic program.
We are proud to carry the name of one Nashville’s most community-minded neighborhoods. Our diverse student body reflects the neighborhood we call home. Additionally, many of our parents went to East, and we have many families of siblings who attend East from 5th grade all the way through 12th. In the East Nashville Magnet community, you are part of the family.
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
A Typical Day at School
- Advisory class (homeroom, Paideia seminar)
- Core classes (English Language Arts, Math, Science and Social Studies)
- Related Arts (A/B schedule, subjects change quarterly)
- Physical Activity
School Details & Links
Standard School Attire Requirements:
- My shirt has a collar and sleeves.
- My shirt color is any solid color.
- My shirt is not sheer or “see-through.”
- My pants, shorts or skirt color is black, navy blue or khaki.
- My shorts, dress or skirt extends below my fingertips.
- My pants are at my waist and have no holes or cuffs.
- Neither my jacket nor pants are denim, or denim-like material.
- My clothing is my size and not baggy or too big.
- My clothing is hemmed.
- I do not have a hat, cap or headband hair accessory on my head.
- Certificated Staff and Teacher Email List
- School One Pager
- Pick-up and Drop-off procedures
- Arrival and Departure information
- Paideia Principles
- 5th Grade Supply List
- 5th Grade Summer Reading List
- 6th Grade Supply List
- 6th Grade Summer Reading List
- 7th Grade Supply List
- 7th Grade Summer Reading List
- 8th Grade Supply and Reading List
- Student-Parent Handbook
- Accessing the ePlan Website
- Parent Teacher Student Organization
On-site: 3 - 6 p.m., YMCA Fun Co., Middle School cafeteria
Program Director Quinetta Quinn: 615-259-3418 ext. 72524
Off-site: Y-CAP, 615-226-5577
- Social and Emotional Learning
- Boys' Soccer
- Cheerleading / Dance
- Girls' Soccer
- Girls' Volleyball
- Track and Field
- Book Club
- Intramural Sports
- Library Ambassadors
- Student Government Association
- City Church of East Nashville