East Nashville Magnet High School
At a Glance
- Serves grades 9-12
- Stratford Cluster
- Open Enrollment
- Does not offer bus transportation
- Does not offer before or aftercare
Welcome From the Principal
Welcome to East Nashville Magnet High! Our school prides itself on the Three As: Attitude, Attendance and Achievement. We work with our students every day to encourage them to be positive and productive in their daily business.
As a small school with a caring faculty and diverse population, we believe East Nashville Magnet provides every student with the opportunity to be successful. Clearly the plan is working, because for the past five years, our graduation rate has been 99 percent or higher.
110 Gallatin Road
Nashville, TN 37206 (map)
Principal: Steve Ball firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Principals: Scott Davis email@example.com and Myra Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidance Counselors: Kristie Hutchinson email@example.com and Susan Murphy firstname.lastname@example.org
School Board Representative: Elissa Kim email@example.com
As the only Paideia high school in Nashville, East Nashville Magnet High School is proud to offer students a strong college-prep, liberal arts education.
Through Paideia seminars, students from all over the district learn to speak, listen and write within all subject areas. All 9th grade students take a course called Freshman Seminar to enhance their successful transition to high school. Additionally, all students enroll in an advisory class led by an adult advocate to help them with grades, attendance and behavior all through the school year.
We offer an arts program, a multitude of Advanced Placement classes, smaller class sizes and blending learning opportunities throughout the school. We also rely on parents, whom we consider to be part of our team, to provide students with the best possible high school experience.
East Nashville Magnet takes attendance and tardiness seriously. We boast an average attendance rate of 98 percent, which is one of the highest in all of Nashville. Students who accumulate four or more tardies to class within a week are assigned to Saturday School, and students with poor attendance are recommended for revocation at the end of the year and lose their ability to attend East Nashville Magnet.
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
A Typical Day at School
Students take eight classes and see each of their teachers three times a week.
- On Mondays, students go to all eight classes for 47 minutes.
- The rest of the week, students are on an "A" (Blocks 1-4 only) or "B" (Blocks 5-8 only) schedule for approximately 80 minutes per block. Students go to their advisory period for 30 minutes on "A" and "B" days.
- 40-minute lunch
- Each month students participate in a school-wide Paideia seminar with their advisory teachers. Students complete a writing task after each seminar to enhance their writing skills.
School Details & Links
We expect our students to be properly dressed every day in order to keep the focus on academics.
- Shirts/tops have a collar and sleeves in solid black, gray, red or white.
- Pants in black, navy blue or khaki are worn at the waist and have no holes or cuffs. Also, no denim is allowed.
- Clothing is sized to student and not baggy or too big.
- No hats or headwear unless approved.
- Boys' Soccer
- Cheerleading / Dance
- Cross Country
- Girls' Soccer
- Girls' Softball
- Girls' Volleyball
- Track and Field
- Book Club
- Foreign Language Clubs
- Music Makes Us
- National Honor Society
- Student Government Association
- Alphagraphics Printing
- Santa’s Trees and Landscapes
- Calypso Restaurant