Cole Elementary School
At a Glance
- Serves grades Pre-K - 4
- Cane Ridge Cluster
- Not Open Enrollment
- Offers bus transportation
- Offers before or aftercare
- Community Achieves School
Welcome From the Principal
My name is Darwin L. Mason, Sr. and I’m excited to be your principal! At Cole Elementary, our theme is from "Good to Great!" You, our families and community friends are vital to our mission and goals.
Reading literacy is our primary goal, and our Literacy Initiative, Reading Clinic and Reading Recovery programs demonstrate our commitment to helping our students learn to read. Many of our community partners are on board and are ready to volunteer and support our goals. I hope you’re on the bus and ready for the journey that takes us from Good to Great!
5060 Colemont Drive
Antioch, TN 37013 (map)
Principal: Dr. Darwin Mason, Sr.
Assistant Principal: Lisa Woodard
Dean of Instructional Support: Ann Marie Schulz
3-4 School Counselor: Mitzi Shewmake
Pre-K-2 School Counselor: Sarah Sulton
Community Achieves Site Manager: Patricia Tarquino
School Board Representative: Jo Ann Brannon
Cole Elementary is a caring, diverse learning community that’s committed to providing the best education for your child. We are the only elementary school to offer both a Coding and a Keyboarding computer lab, and we have a Coding and Robotics lab on campus. We also have a piano lab for our students who are interested in learning to play music.
Our leadership team has worked diligently to create a student-centered instructional program. Encore is a program that supports our gifted students. We also offer after-school tutoring and daily, 60-minute periods during the school day when kids who need and want extra instruction can get it.
As a highlight of our extracurricular activities, we have a 50-member strong 4th-grade chorus! We also offer free piano and guitar lessons after school, as well as other activities that can help keep students engaged.
We are a designated Community Achieves school, and we help support our families and our community by providing a food bank, family resource center, clothing closet, English language classes and parent training classes.
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
A Typical Day at School
- Breakfast in the classroom
- Community gathering time
- 120 to 150 minutes per day of English Language Arts
- 60 to 90 minutes of Balanced Math
- Science and Social Studies are integrated with other subjects whenever possible.
- 60 minutes of Intervention
- 60 minutes of Related Arts
- 30-minute lunch
- 20-minute recess
School Details & Links
Standard School Attire
Bottoms: Navy blue, black or any shade of khaki (no denim or cargo pants/shorts)
Tops: Short or long sleeves with a collar in any color; properly buttoned and tucked in bottoms.
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
- Before and aftercare
YMCA Fun Company
5060 Colemont Dr., Antioch TN 37013
Phone: (615) 693-2585
Before school: Starts at 6:30 a.m.
After school: Ends at 6 p.m.
- Family Resource Center
- Food Bank
- English Language classes
- Clothing Closet
- Parent training classes
- Social and Emotional Learning
- Anti-bullying training and/or clubs
- Vanderbilt School Based Therapist
- Garden Club
- Girls on the Run
- Antioch Methodist Church: Project Transformation
- Assistance League
- Breakfast in the Classroom
- Brentwood Church of Christ
- Cole PTO
- Cub Scouts
- Family & Children’s Service; Family Resource Center (FRC)
- Girl Scouts
- Girls on the Run
- H.E.R.O. Homeless Program
- Hands on Nashville
- Junior Achievement
- Lipscomb Elementary
- Love Helps
- Metro Public Health Department
- MNPS EL Department; Parent Ambassador Program
- Nashville Diaper Connection
- Nashville Fire Department
- Nashville Public Library
- Nashville Tools for Schools
- Reading Clinic, SHINE
- Second Harvest Food Bank
- Sharing Hope In Nashville’s Education (SHINE)
- United Way
- Vanderbilt School-Based Mental Health
- Watch D.O.G.S.
- Well Child
- YMCA at Christ Church
- YMCA Fun Company
- YMCA Latino Achievers
- Family & Children's Service
- Sexual Assault Center (SAC)
- Our Kids
- Nashville Financial Empowerment Center
- Conexión Americas
- Center for Refugees and Immigrants of Tennessee (CRIT)